- Real Name: Yelena Belova
- AKA: Super-Adaptoid, Pale Little Spider, Little Pale Spider, Spider, Little Spider, Rooskaya, Captain Yelena Belova, Minister of State
- Family: Unnamed mother; Olga (aunt)
- Base of Operation: Red Room Academy, Moscow, Russia
- Identity: Known to Authorities Identity
- Citizenship: Russian
- Marital Status: Single
- Occupation: Warrior; former espionage agent, lingerie model, entertainment entrepreneur, social activist, captain in the GRU (Glavnoye Razvedovatel’noye Upravienie/Main Intelligence Administration)
- Education: Graduate of the Moscow Red Room espionage unit
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5′ 7″ (1.70 m)
- Weight: 135 lbs (61.23 kg)
- Eyes: Blue ; no visible irises or pupils (as Super-Adaptoid)
- Hair: Blond
- Origin: Human trained by the Red Room
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Natasha Romanov wasn’t the only Black Widow in the Marvel Universe (she wasn’t even the first). Introduced in Inhumans Vol 2 #5 (1999) by Devin Grayson and J.G. Jones , Yelena Belova went through the Red Room program that trained Natasha, where she is reported to exceed all of Natasha’s scores. She was first seen sneaking into Attilan, the Inhuman’s home, to steal a device. She later clashed with Natasha, who later manipulated her into finding out what her handlers were up to. She was kidnapped by SHIELD and had her face swapped with Natasha. She later left the Spy world and became an underwear model.
After a few more encounters and later team-ups with Natasha, Belova joined a rogue team of SHIELD agent in the Savage Land where they were found by the New Avengers, who were hunting Sauron after he escaped from the Raft. Clashing with the team, she was attacked by Sauron, who damaged her face with his flame breath. Belova wound up in intensive care where she was approached by an mysterious man who offered to make her into a Super-Adaptoid. She then attacked the Avengers during Luke Cage and Jessica Jone’s wedding. She seem to have died then. It was believed that she had survive and joined the Thunderbolts but this actually Natasha.
It eventually turned out that she was alive and healed. She began working for AIM and battled the Secret Avengers. She was later killed by an AIM agent, who believed she was Mockingbird. After the second Civil War, which saw Natasha being killed and cloned by the Red Room, Yelena was also later cloned, multiple times. One clone was eventually given Yelena’s memories and left to become her own person.
During the Toybiz days, she would recieve a variant of Black Widow as part of Series 8 but it was only an alternate head. He would receive receive a new figure as part of the Avengers 2023 wave by Hasbro.
Blond, Black Widow
Recommend Figure: Toybiz Marvel Legends Series 8 – Black Widow (Variant)
- Yelena’s costume is basically her own take on the classic Black Widow. The main thing that make it different is the mid-drift section and some straps and pockets.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- Being that this a much older figure and a variant at that, I would recommend waiting for Hasbro to update it. If you can’t wait, then I recommend only getting this for your Black Widow, Avengers rogues or Russian Heroes collections.
- Does it need a remake?:
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends the Avengers’ ? Wave – Yelena Belova
- After her death when she was overloaded with the Avengers powers as the Adaptoid, she was resurrected and controlled by AIM, where she had no mind or will of her own. She would serve them against the Secret Avengers but was killed in the ensuing battle and was eventually resurrected by the Red Room.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- If you missed the Toybiz variant and want a more accurate version of the character, you may want to get this. It is needed for a Black Widow collection, an Avengers villain and a AIM member, particularly if you got the Scientist Supreme from Xemnu wave.
- Does it need a remake?
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.