- Real Name: Sebastion Gilberti (adopted name)
- AKA: Arnold Rodriguez, Master Mold, Nicholas Hunter, Nimrod, Template
- Family: Master Mold (previous incarnation, status unknown); Nimrod (previous incarnation); Rose Gilberti (foster mother, deceased)
- Base of Operation: Formerly Operation: Zero Tolerance base, New Mexico
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: –
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Mutant exterminator; former government operative
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′ 3″ (1.91 m)
- Weight: 375 lbs (170.1 kg)
- Eyes: Hazel
- Hair: White
- Origin: Bastion was created when Nimrod and Master Mold were merged by the Siege Perilous; Sentinel Android
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
He is the fusion of Nimrod and Master Mold. Introduced in X-Men Vol 2 #52 (1996) by Mark Waid and Andy Kubert, Bastion was created after a battle with the X-men saw Nimrod and Master Mold being fused together by the Siege Perilous to create this being. Believing himself to be an amnesiac human, he was taken in by Rose Gilberti and eventually joined the Friends of Humanity. He eventually worked his way into the government and created the Operation: Zero Tolerance unit. During this time, he created nano-machines that could be inserted into normal human and transform them into a Sentinel/Human hybrid, later known as Prime Sentinels. (Most famous of these being Omega Sentinel).
After the Onslaught event, Bastion activated his unit and began capturing mutants. He would battle most of the X-men teams. However, his way of doing things didn’t sit right with many people, even the anti-mutant politicain Senator Kelly. He was eventually captured and shutdown before being handed over to SHIELD. He would obviously escape and tried to turn Machine Man into a powerful Sentinel as well as battling Cable. He was attacked by Death (Wolverine), who destroyed his body leaving only his head. This head would later be attached to a Nimrod body but was of course defeated by the X-force.
He would later become one of the many villains that tried to kill Hope Summers during Second Coming. He would later return but instead of trying to destroy mutant kind, he realized that without them he would have no purpose. So he reprogrammed a number of Sentinels into believing them to be mutants but when the time displaced X-men learnt that he only wanted mutants to survive so he could continue killing, they battle him causing him to flee. He would later team up with a few X-men in creating Mothervine to create new mutants but betrayed them. During a battle with Xorn, he was destroyed.
Bastion has been requested by Fans for a while. However, while Hasbro are making it, it is a pack in with Haslab Sentinel set. If you were one of the nearly (as of writing this) 120000 backers, you will get him with your Sentinel.
Original Design + X-men: Blue
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Haslab Sentinel set – Bastion (Pack-in of Sentinel with female Prime Sentinel)
- Since his first appearance, Bastion has had a unique design (when he is not on the body of a Nimrod). However, while the body represent his Classic look, the head represents the time where he battle the X-men Blue team.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- Unless you are one of the many people who backed the Haslab Sentinel (myself included), I would say getting this will cost you a lot. However, if you get it, you can display it with the rest of the Sentinels, that include Nimrod, Master Mold and more.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)