- Real Name: Wolfgang von Strucker
- AKA: Sagittarius, Don Antonio Caballero, Emir-Ali-Bey, Agent Bronson, Supreme Hydra, Colonel F.T. Strang, Snakeskin
- Family: Elsbeth von Strucker (wife, deceased); Werner von Strucker (son, deceased); Andreas von Strucker (son); Andrea von Strucker (daughter); “Andrea von Strucker” (cloned daughter, deceased); Jan (son-in-law, deceased); Wolfgang von Strucker (Robot) (destroyed); Wolfgang von Strucker (LMD) (destroyed); Wolfgang von Strucker (Clone) (deceased)
- Base of Operation: Formerly Gehenna, New Zealand; Hydra Island; Merovech Investment Group Building, Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States of America; Berlin, Germany.
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: German
- Marital Status: Widowed
- Occupation: Criminal mastermind, terrorist; former soldier
- Education: ?
- Height: 6′ 2″ (1.88 m)
- Weight: 225 lbs (102.06 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Bald
- Unusual Feature: Extensive scarring on his face, wears a monocle over his right eye
- Origin: Human Mutate
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Forget what the MCU told you about Hydra and the Red Skull. This guy is the real person behind the organization. Introduced in Sgt. Fury #5 (1964) by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, Baron Von Strucker was a soldier that fought in both World Wars, taking the side of the Nazi in WWII. He worked together with many Nazi villains, including the Red Skull. He would also defeat Nick Fury and his Howling Commandoes, earning a life long hatred of Fury. Foreseeing the Nazi defeat, Strucker fleed to Japan. There, with the aid of the Hand, he set up Hydra. After the war, Strucker would remain hidden only popping up a few times during the years.
Following Fury’s promotion to the leader of SHIELD, Strucker and Hydra rose to counter the organization. They would battle many times which eventually lead to a final clash on Hydra Island, which saw Strucker seemingly being killed. He would of course return when Red Skull had him resurrected. He took back control of Hydra and began his reign of terror again. It was later revealed that he had financed the Thunderbolts, which the team took offence against. He also had his agent infiltrate Hydra, which Fury discovered. This led to another battle with the two that saw Strucker being killed, again. He would return and was made Warden of a super-prison.
Baron Von Strucker is an important part of the Marvel Universe that almost always get over looked by his other red headed Nazi. He would receive a figure as a variant as part of the Face-Off 2-packs from Toybiz. He would receive a new comic accurate figure as part of Hasbro 2023 Avengers wave.
“Satan claw” Hydra Leader
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends the Avengers’ ? Wave – Baron Von Strucker
- After decades in hiding, Strucker would emerge as the leader and founder of Hydra. He would wear this Supreme Hydra version for many years. The red gauntlet he wears is the Satan Claw, a device created by Zola to give Strucker immence strength as well as other powers
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you have a Hydra shelf, you will need this character to lead them. With an except of Madame Hydra and Red Skull, no character has lead Hydra more then this guy. You will also need him to battle Nick Fury as they are considered arch-nemeses.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.