- Real Name: Sean Cassidy
- AKA: Irish, Agent #215-66, Death, presumably other undercover aliases
- Family: Liam Cassidy (ancestor, deceased); Patrick Rourke (father-in-law, deceased); Maeve Rourke Cassidy (wife, deceased); Morrigan (Theresa Rourke Cassidy) (daughter); Black Tom Cassidy (cousin); Victoria Donnely (cousin); Sean Madrox (“grandson”, re-absorbed by Madrox)
- Base of Operation: Harry’s Hideaway, Salem Center, North Salem, Westchester County, New York; formerly Muir Island, off the coast of Scotland; Massachusetts Academy, Snow Valley, Massachusetts; Mutant Research Center, Muir Island; Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters, Salem Center, Westchester County, New York; Cassidy Keep, County Mayo, Ireland
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: Irish, Krakoan
- Marital Status: Widowed
- Occupation: Adventurer; former paramilitary commander, academic headmaster, gentleman of leisure, carnival barker, subversive, criminal, freelance operative, NYPD detective, Interpol inspector
- Education: Bachelor of Science from Trinity College
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′ 0″ (1.83 m)
- Weight: 170 lbs (77.11 kg)
- Eyes: Green
- Hair: Strawberry Blond
- Origin: Mutant
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Settle down Boyo. No need to shout. Introduced X-Men #28 (1967) by Roy Thomas and Werner Roth, this former Interpol Agent became depressed upon learning of his wife death, who had given birth to their child while he was deep undercover and unaware that she was pregnant. He soon was tricked into joining Factor Three and as Banshee, attacked the X-men. Banshee was freed from Factor Three’s control and helped the X-men defeat the leader, Mutant Master. He would return to normal life but would officially join the X-men, when they original X-men were captured by Krakoa.
As a member of the X-men, he would meet and fall in love with Moira MacTaggart, eventually leaving the team to join her on Muir Island. He would aid the team on a number of occasion and would be reunited with his daughter, who had been raised by his cousin Black Tom Cassidy. After the Phalanx invasion, Banshee and Emma Frost opened a school that helped train the Generation X team. He would remain teaching at the school until it was destroyed. He would then set up X-Corp but was nearly killed by Mystique. He would eventually re-join the X-men but was killed off trying to prevent a plane from crashing into civilians.
He, of course, would be resurrected, once by the Chaos king and the by Selene. However, he would receive proper revival when the Apocalypse Twins took former heroes and villains and brainwashed them into their Horsemen, with Banshee being Death. He was sent to attack the Uncanny Avengers but was defeated and sent to Beast to recover. He would recover and spend a bit of time apart from the team before re-joining them again. He was fully resurrect during the House of X and remains on the Krakoa nation.
Banshee is probably the one of most famous Irish man, probably in all comics. However, he hasn’t has many figures over the years. His first was part of Hasbro’s first ever wave, which was designed by Toybiz but released by Hasbro. He would receive a figure as part of the 60th line in a 3-pack.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Annihilus Wave – Banshee
- (I use classic loosely). This is Banshee in his Classic suit. Like all classic suits this has been drawn differently by different artists.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you are an X-men fan, you will need this for your collection, particularly if you want to complete the Giant-size team. If you also like you can use this for Gen X.
- Does it need a remake?:
- Yes. This was a horrible figure even when released and wasn’t even right in design. Needs an update.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends X-men 60th anniversary 3-pack – Banshee with Gambit and Psylocke
- When the X-men returned to using the training suit of the original X-men, Banshee did as well. This would become his default suit then after which he would wear as a member of the X-men support staff up until he was made head of Generation X.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- Until we get a new update classic look, this is the figure you need in your collection for your X-men shelf especially if you want to complete that iconic cover or for the X-men support team.
- Does it need a remake?
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Alternates: Banshees | Horsemen of Death
Family: Cassidy Family
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)