- Real Name: Unknown (The symbiote takes the name of its current host).
- AKA: Anti-Venom Symbiote
- Family: Eddie Brock (former host); Venom (“twin brother”); Carnage (“nephew”); Toxin (“grandnephew”, deceased); Scorn (“grandniece”); Raze (“grandniece”, deceased); Phage (“nephew”, deceased); Riot (“nephew”, deceased); Lasher (“nephew”, deceased); Agony (“niece”, deceased); Scream (“niece”); Hybrid (fusion of Riot, Agony, Lasher, Phage; “nephew”, defused); Sleeper (“nephew”); Anti-Venom II (partial clone, deceased)
- Base of Operation: Mobile
- Identity: Known to Authorities Identity
- Citizenship: Klyntar
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Vigilante, anti-hero
- Education: Genetic memory, gains new knowledge from hosts.
- Gender: Agender
- Height: Variable
- Weight: Variable
- Eyes: Red (Black eyespots)
- Hair: No Hair
- Unusual Feature: As Anti-Venom, the Symbiote can grant its host an elongated jaw, fangs, claws, tentacles and prehensile tongue which are parts of the alien.
- Origin: Klyntar
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
His place in the Venom family tree is confusing. Introduced in Amazing Spider-Man #569 (2008) by Dan Slott and John Romita Jr., Eddy Brock had been diagnosed with terminal cancer. To make money to give to charity, he sold off the Venom symbiote. Unbeknownst to Brock, a piece of the suit remained in his body. He was going to commit suicide in a church when he was stopped by Martin Li, who convince him to live. Brock began working at Li’s FEAST facility and unknown to him and Li’s, Li’s alternate persona, Mr. Negative, had corrupted the piece of the remaining piece of Venom left in his system. When Mac Gargan, now bonded with the Venom symbiote, attacked Spider-man and FEAST, Brock was surprised when he transformed into a new Symbiote, which he dubbed Anti-Venom.
Unlike many symbiotes, this one was mindless and was completely under the control of Brock. It also had the ability to “cure” illnesses, like when he tried to cure Spider-man from the radiation he got from the spider that bit him. Its touch would also be toxic for symbiotes, burning them on contact. This gave Brock a bit of a messiah complex which saw him create a church that cured people suffering from the Spider-virus that the Queen and Jackal created during the Spider Island arc. In order to save the whole of New York, Eddy offered up the symbiote to Reed Richard to develop a cure for the virus, destroying it afterwards. It should be noted that the two that Flash Thompson would wear are two separate symbiotes.
Anti-Venom was an instead hit when it first debuted. As such he has received few figures over the years, but his only ML was part of the Spider-man Hobgoblin wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Spider-man Hobgoblin Wave – Anti-Venom
- This is the standard form for Anti-Venom. Like many designs, it has been drawn differently by different artists, with some drawing him tall and lanky or big and bulky.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you want to build out your Symbiote shelf, you may want this. You would also need it for a Venom/Eddy Brock collection. Since he was also part of the Revengers, you may want to get that as well. Lastly you may want it for a Spider-man allies/villains shelf.
- Does it need a remake?:
- Yes. The build they used doesn’t really work for Anti-Venom.
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.