Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. I’m just back from Quantumania and I really liked it. Not only does it set up things for Phase 5, but it also gives me some idea of what can come in the next few years with the likes of Loki and Ironheart. It also gave me idea for what could be done in a comic-based Ant-man and Wasp wave. I promised this last week, but a family event caused me to put it on hold and cause of that plus a few reveals from last week, I had time to change a few things. I did version of this before (See here) so I tried not to include any from that wave, which ironically Hasbro have released half of them.
As always here are the rules:
- 6-8 figures per wave. No more. No less.
- Some version of the Title hero most be in it (Ant-man and Wasp this wave duh!)
- 1 or 2 Female per wave.
- 1 or 2 Villains per wave, but these could be female as well.
- 1 or 2 brand new character that has never been done before
- 1 or 2 remakes. The Remakes can also be new costumes as Like Classic Spider-man or Iron Spider.
- Each wave most have a Theme ie Spider-man can include Street Level heroes or Iron Man can include Tech Heroes and villains.
The Theme for this wave: Ant-man’s Family
WARNING: Before you go on, there are some spoilers for the movie so if you haven’t seen it yet and don’t want to be spoilt, just close the page.
As for why I picked each:
- ANT-MAN: Starting with one of the lead characters we have Scott Lang Ant-man. We already got his modern Astonishing version and are about to get his classic version so I thought it would be nice to get an official proper size version of his “Red Zone” costume, where the Red Skull infiltrated the US government and tried to create a virus to kill only colored people. We actually had a version of this done in the Ant-man box set that was done for SDCC as a mini-fig so it would be nice to get a proper size version of it. This will be done on Sunfire or Spider-Uk mold with a new head. The Minifig must be included.
- WASP: For Wasp, I decided to go back to the time that she was the head during the Under Siege story arc. We already have a Hercules, classic Ant-man, Cap and many of the villains to go along with this so it would be great to get Janet in this version to recreate that story arc. This will use the standard Shriek body with a new upper torso.
- YELLOWJACKET (RITA DEMARA): For the second Female figure, we have Yellowjacket but not the Hank Pym version. No instead I wanted to include the female version of the identity Rita Demara. Not only would it give us a new character, but it would also give us another member of the Avengers AND the original GOTG. This will use the teenage body mold with a new upper torso.
- HANK PYM: In the last Ideal wave for this I included Hank in his Yellowjacket costume, this time I thought it would be nice to have a civilian Hank. Kind Of. You see after Yellowjacket did THAT to Janet, attacked the Avengers and was sent to prison, he decided to give up the superhero adventurers. But it wasn’t long until he returned but just as Hank Pym Science Adventure wearing a red jumpsuit. This could easily be a slight repaint and remold of the recent Wonder-man figure with new forearm, lower jacket, and a new head.
- IMMORTUS: Unlike the next guy, this one was on the wave list long before I saw the movie. Kang is the main villain of the movie, and I needed a Kang variant for the wave so I thought I would include his second most famous variant, the master of time, Immortus. Immortus has been an ally and villain to the Avengers for many years. This would use the Red Skull built with a new cape and head.
- IRON LAD: Now this was inspired by the movie. Not that he was in it (he wasn’t) but that mid-credit makes me think that there will be a version of him coming in the MCU. Maybe as a variant of Kang that doesn’t want to turn into his older self. (Or selves as we saw). This would be a whole new mold.
- BLACKOUT: Now for a random character that Hasbro likes to throw in these waves (See Orb and Crossfire), that being Blackout. Blackout was a member of the Masters during the Under Siege arc and is a very powerful villain, except he has mental problems. Since we have many of the Masters during that time, this just adds to it. Hopefully we will get Moonstone in that arc’s costume at some point as well.
- BAF: ATLAS: For the BAF I thought it would be nice to add another member of the Thunderbolts to the self as well as give us another character that has used the “Goliath” identity, which being Erik Josten, AKA Atlas. This of course is a new figure that can later be used for other characters like Bill / Tom Foster. Before people say that Hasbro wouldn’t do it because he is too tall, just look to the latest Cassie Lang.
Well, what do you think of this wave? Would you buy it? What would your wave be? Let me know in the comments below or on any of the social media sites.