- Real Name: Arno Stark
- AKA: –
- Family: Tony Stark (Unconfirmed relation); Morgan Stark (father); Unnamed sister; Bill (brother-in-law); Cynthia Stark (wife, deceased); Melodi (wife); Arno Stark Jr. (son, deceased)
- Base of Operation: –
- Identity: Public Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Married
- Occupation: CEO of Stark International, adventurer; former mercenary
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′ 11″ (1.80 m)
- Weight: 185 lbs (83.91 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Brown ; sometimes Dyed Black
- Origin: Human; Arno inherited his predecessor Tony Stark’s company, including the Iron Man armor.
- Universe: 2020 Universe (Earth-8410)
When multi national corporation take over the US, Arno Stark becomes the villainous Iron Man of the year 2020. Introduced in Machine Man Vol 2 #2 (1984) by Tom DeFalco and Herb Trimpe, Arno Stark, Tony’s cousin/nephew/what is if at the time, exists in a world that heroes have disappeared since the 1980s. Because of this, mega-corporations have taken over the US, with Arno buying off Tony’s company. Donning his own version of the Iron Man suit, he hired himself out as a mercenary. He found that he enjoyed this line of work and began working for anyone who would pay.
At some point he went back in time and battled Spider-man. Back in his own time, he would be tricked into fighting Death’s Head before they teamed up to fight the person who tricked him. He would be summoned by Immortus for his Legion of the Unliving where he would fight the Prime Iron man. Back in his own time, he would be hired by Sunset Bain to capture the Machine Man of 2020. After freeing the daughter of a crime lord, Arno decided to change his way and become a hero. He was later summoned by the Time Keeper to battle the Avengers in the Destiny War. He was later summoned to join a team of Heralds from alternate realities to find a way to stop a Celestial. While one the team he would met and travel with the GOTG of the year 3000. He would be arrest by the TVA and later would become part of Kang’s Chrono Corps. He was infected by a zombie techno virus and believed killed.
People have been wanting a Iron Man 2020 version for year, even during Toybiz. They found it weird that with so many classic Iron Man figure that they didn’t just redid one of them into the 2020 version. Hasbro eventually answered the call when in the year 2020 (yeah they knew what they were doing), they announced a Iron Man 2020 figure for Walgreens.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Walgreens’ Exclusive Marvel Legends Iron Man 2020
- Despite the goofy, almost steampunk look of the suit, Arno’s armor is actually way more advance then the 616 Iron Man (at the time it was create in comics). Based on the classic costume, Arno added his own flair to the costume giving it a more menacing look, which he kept even when he decided to become a hero.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This is one you may want to get for your Iron Man collection. It can be used as part of your armoury (people use alternate armours in their collection), your alternate universe Iron Men or your Iron Man’s Rogue gallery. If you have the Machine Man figure you can use this to battle him (not the same Machine man but you know what I mean).
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
None at the moment