- Real Name: Otto Octavius
- AKA: Ock, Doc Ock, Chuckles, Octo-Butt
- Family: Roselita Octavius (ex-wife)
- Base of Operation: Mobile
- Identity: Public Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Divorced
- Occupation: Scientist, criminal
- Education: PhD in various sciences including physics and biochemistry
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′ 10″ (1.78 m)
- Weight: 170 lbs (77.11 kg)
- Eyes: Grey
- Hair: Brown
- Origin: Human mutate
- Universe: Ultimate Universe (Earth-1610)
In many universes, Doc Ock is involved with the origin of Spidey. Introduced in Ultimate Spider-Man #2 (2000) by Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley, Dr. Octavius was a scientist working for Oscorp on the Oz formula, an attempt to recreate the Super-Soldier formula. He would help Osborn steal Peter Parker’s DNA and used it on Osborn transforming Osborn into the Green Goblin monster. In the result explosion his tentacles were fused to his body. He would use these to attack Justin Hammer, who he was a corporate spy for and blamed for his condition. Spider-man intervened but Justin Hammer died of a heart attack.
Ock was taken into custody by SHIELD but escaped with Osborn and other Spidey villains. They forced Spidey to join them by threatening his aunt, but they were stopped by the Ultimates. He would later learn his ex-wife sold his likeness to Hollywood and he would attack the film crew filming the Spider-man movie. (Yes, it was an attempt to advertise the second Raimi movie.) He later uses Peter’s DNA and creates five clones alongside Ben Reilly (who in this universe isn’t Spidey’s clone). He would be hired by Roxxon and became their head or research. They would capture Spider-woman. He would be defeated by Spider-man but would later escape with Goblin, only to be killed by said villain.
During the Ultimate universe push by Marvel, he would receive a figure in the Toybiz Spider-man Classics Series 15 but it has some action feature for kids.
Recommend Figure: Toybiz Spider-man Classics Series 15 – Web Splasher Doc Ock
- Soon after his body was fused with his tentacles, he escape and designed a suit to help him control them. He used these to attack Justin Hammer and would use is for a while after that.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- If you want to build your Ultimate Universe, you may want to get this, particularly if you got other Ultimate Spider-man’s villains like Green Goblin and Beetle. But given it’s more kid features, you may want to skip it.
- Does it need a remake?
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Alternates: Doctor Octopuses
Universe: Ultimate Universe (Earth-1610)